Saturday, January 31, 2009

On the Lazy Train Headed for Late Town

I didn't update yesterday! Frick! I really want to develop a good habit of UPDATING daily to record my activity levels and food and not get lost in forgetting what I do to my body! Last night was a late night: sushi dinner with J (more on that later) and seeing Slumdog Millionaire at 9:45! It's a long movie and since we walked to the theater, we didn't get home until after midnight and I was out cold. So tired.

Let's get right into food:

Fridays I don't have any class, but I do volunteer on campus so I need to get up and get going.

B @ 9:45 - what's becoming my typical 1/2 C. quick oats, with a couple spoons of vanilla FF yogurt, some almond slivers, and some blackberries, and a banana.


this is what my morning oatmeal usually looks like

L @ 2:00 - a hummus and LF cheese sandwich on that AMAZING flax bread (100 cal. for 2 slices, and only 6 net carbs), with cucumber, tomato, and some red onion. Then I ate a few raw almonds.

S @ 3:30 - a cutie tangerine

S @ 4:30 - another bottle of Synergy Kombucha. This stuff is so good (good for me! and you too!) but at $3 a bottle? I really can't afford to make it a habit... I tried the ginger blueberry flavor today and it was very tasty! Usually I can't stand the taste of ginger but I took a chance, a gamble, and it payed out.

D @ 7:30 - J & I went to the amazing Japanese restaurant that is notorious for giving out tons of free food along with huge portions. This all the food we got for $34:
+ 2 bowls of cucumber salad (sunomono)
+ 2 plates of calamari
+ 2 small samples of special rolls (2 pieces of a tuna, and 2 pieces of a California crunch roll)
+ 2 sakes
+ a California roll (which was free b/c they made a mistake and accidently gave me two)

All of the above was free free free!

Then we had:
+ 2 salads
+ 2 miso soups
+ I had a sushi combo with a 6 ps. tuna roll, 6 ps. cucmber roll and 6 ps. California roll with cucumber instead of avocado (I have a thing against avocado, I understand that this makes me a freak or something)
+ J ordered chicken katsu and I swear, it must have been a whole chicken his portion was huge.
+ a glass of Chardonnay for me
+ a small Sapporo for J (his first ever!)

I should have taken my camera to take pictures but I forgot. Whoops. Dinner was way bigger than I thought it would be but I did work out that day!

I was at the gym from about 12:40 to 1:50 and this is what I did:

Treadmill for 30 mins at an average of 4.6 miles per hour at an average incline of 2.1%
30 mins of weights including 30 push-ups, 60 ball squats with a 10 lb weight, 50 glute presses at 50 lbs., some arm stuff on a bench (I know how to do these exercises, but I have no clue what they are called) and in the end, about 10 mins of abs.

Then I ate my lunch, did my volunteer work (selling 'low-cost safer sex supplies' in the student quarry) and went home! A pretty good day, even if dinner was a little bit indulgent!

Now I need to think of something to make for dinner tonight! It never ends!



No comments:

Post a Comment