Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Other Day...

my salmon salad. is the portion too large? i wonder...

My title sounds like a Broadway song... it probably is.

You should probably know I have an unnatural fear of musical theater. Something about bursting out into song and a bad habit of blushing out of embarrassment for others.

ANYWAYS.


This is my first 'real' blog of health!

However, it's not too healthy.

This is my senior year (thank you, sexy Jesus) and I'm currently in the process of writing my senior exit paper (a fascinating inquiry into the ritualistic play of the Mesoamerican ballgame. Feel free to engage in dialogue). Combined with the struggle of looking for a job and keeping up with my TV shows (LAME), I've had a hard time getting active. Yes, I need to cut out TV time, I know. I'm working on it. But it's so difficult to get to the gym when you've got school all night, you rely on buses and you live in a sketchy neighborhood. Yesterday, on my way home, I was behind a guy who was pushing a cat in a wheelchair. I'm all for animal love but you can believe I was walking e x t r a s l o w to avoid him seeing I was behind him and having him try to talk to me about the high price of cat food.

I had a huge presentation today (it went well) but I skipped my yoga class this morning in order to do extra research so the only activity I have for today is 1 brisk 10 minute walk home in the cold, cold dark. This city doesn't believe in streetlights.

Let's talk about what I ate. I think I did pretty okay today:

Breakfast @ 8:00 - 1/2 C. of oats cooked with milk, topped with cinnamon, Craisins, FF vanilla yogurt, a sprinkle of chopped almonds and some blackberries, & a banana

Notes: My oatmeal wasn't too good b/c I didn't cook it long enough! Didn't even finish the bowl!

Lunch @ 12:00 - a small whole wheat sammie with garlic hummus, LF cheese, cucumber, tomato and a slice of red onion, a Pink Lady apple, and a 100 cal. pack of Oreo cakes

Notes: Need to stop eating empty calories like the 100 cal. packs. Today was my last little thing and I will not buy anymore from the store. No more empty calories!

Snack @ 6:30 - a mini Crunch bar from class presentations. W/e W/e it was good and chocolatey and I only had 1!

Dinner @ 7:30 - a salmon salad (see pic above) with dark green lettuce, tomatoes, golden raisins, goat cheese, and a home made vinaigrette, and a small bowl of leftover roasted veggies, including a bit of potato

Dessert @ 8:30 - little dish of FF yogurt with a sprinkle of LF granola and some black berries, Lemon Digest Yogi tea


Wow...that seems like a ton of food.

Tomorrow I have an actual Cardio Weight Training class, so I hope to get some activity that way... we'll see how my food intake is affected.

HAVE A GORGEOUS DAY TOMORROW.
STAY WARM, PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment