Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mission Statement

This is not a diet blog!

says the diet blog in disguise...

Alright, this may be a diet blog, I admit it. You caught me! I want to lose weight! But the thing is, I don't need to lose any weight. I'm at a pretty healthy weight. I'm short (seriously, short short) but my jeans are usually under a size 4 and my shirts are almost always size small.

However, I can't run a mile without nearly passing out, I have 27% body fat and according to the fancy body fat calculator that's borderline poor. Instead of focusing on losing weight, I'd like to concentrate on developing a healthier lifestyle that I will be able to continue throughout my life. I just turned 21, I'm almost done with my last year of University, and I am about to enter a world where a gym membership doesn't come with my student registration fees. And I don't even use the gym on campus like.......... ever?

That's all going to change though. Starting this January...wait, it's the 28th?


Starting this February, I am going to make life changes. I will explore my kitchen, like a modern day Tenzing Norgay, and I will brave the battleground of the campus gym. My mom aka BFFFFFFF (that's best friend forever to the nth degree) got me a few personal training sessions at the local Mega Gym (not trademarked) and I hope to get some insight on creating a user-friendly, fat-blasting, heart-pumping, awe-inspiring work out I can do on my own. I want to run 3 miles without stopping and feel good doing it!

So this isn't a total weight loss journal. I still want my little curves and I still want to enjoy good food. Let's just call this a mission in total mind and body healthfulness. Yes, that sounds nice. I just want to have that elusive Kanye good life. How will I acheive this? My oath, let me show you it:

In this blog, I will try to...
+ Create a healthy outlook on getting healthy
+ Try to record my daily food intake and log my activity
+ Stay positive about getting healthy
+ NOT obsess about my weight or the need to LOSE weight
+ Make some friends who love fun and being happy, healthy
+ Give thanks for the little things in life
+ Not whine when I have an off day (everybody makes mistakes, everyone has those days!)
+ Work on my self-esteem
+ Practice sharing my love with the world
+ Make a good effort to stop being morose and negative
+ Limit my complaints about life's everyday happenings (I'll try but really... I'm a very good complainer)

This is going to be a good thing, I can just feel it!
I want to do a bit of a cheer or something! I just woo'ed outloud!

No comments:

Post a Comment